five friends dedicating 100 days to getting into the best shape of their lives.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 14: Good on everything except the posting.

...and the eating habits are much better, but can improve. For example, I ate a lot of ice cream today. A lot. I can't help but feel that it's setting me back somehow...

Shooting for a goal of 5 posts in 5 consecutive days. Expect one tomorrow. I'm sort of notorious for this--I start a blog and then leave it to wither and die. Well, not this one. I'm more than 10% done with my program timewise and I've really been slacking in commitment writingwise.

The good news, however, is that I've been pretty judicious about my workouts. This past week was somewhat screwed up because I took a rest day when I shouldn't have, so it wasn't Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Saturday, it was Tuesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday, which meant I took an extra rest day on Monday and ran for 3 days in a row. Probably not great on my ankles and knees, but this week will be more on-track. I'm hitting the sack now--11pm where I am--and up at 5 tomorrow for my routine.

I'm also updating my routine. I've been doing the Men's Health Belly-Off! Classic routine for two weeks and, I gotta say, I'm not really feeling it. Maybe it's because it's every other day, but something about it just makes me feel like I'm not progressing at the rate I'd like to be. So, I'm changing things up (again... though, I guess it's best to change it up a few times early than late). I'd like to stick to the following progressive routine 6 days a week for the next 86 days. It's a modified Bodyweight 100 workout--that is, 100 total reps (divided amongst various exercises) each morning using only bodyweight. For the next 12 weeks, I plan on doing the 100 for 3 weeks, the 150 for 3 weeks, the 200 for 3 weeks, a 250 for 2 weeks, and finish with a bodyweight 300 for the last week. For the first week it will mean:

20 pushups
20 leg raises
20 lunges
5 chin-ups
5 pull-ups
15 prisoner squat-jumps
15 close-grip pushups

I will hope to modify this as the workout demands--i.e. the exercises will (hopefully) remain but the reps will increase in the next phase. Not sure yet if I'll do the next phases in circuits or simply add reps and do them all at once. Remains to be seen, I guess.

All of that said, running has been going really well. I ran 6 miles yesterday, first time in about a year, and I'm sore but it felt good. Check the specs:



Four miles tomorrow morning and then a swim day. Man, this stuff does feel pretty damn good.

More tomorrow! I still have to tell you guys about my awesome "shoes"...

0 comments:

Post a Comment