five friends dedicating 100 days to getting into the best shape of their lives.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 3: Going strong.

Another early, killer workout today, including pull-ups (I'll get the hang of those, I swear). Capped it off with a 4-mile run. I don't think I've run that far at once since last summer, so it was nice to get there. And I'd better get used to it. According to my NYT tracker, that's pretty much going to be standard for the next few weeks--probably two 4-mile runs per week, plus a fiver, and then up from there. My first five-miler will be Saturday. Not entirely looking forward to that.

So far I'm happy with the bodyweight workout, but it's early yet. I'll give it another week or so and re-evaluate things. I think I'll be in it for the long haul, but if I have to tweak something here or there, it'll be for the better. I do like working out in the comfort of my own home, listening to what I want to listen to (so far it's been NPR during the workouts, Democracy Now! during the runs).

Sometimes the best part about the workout is the end of it, knowing you have a full 2 days for your body to recover. It feels like such reprieve, like it's Friday but for your muscles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment